[Bldg-sim] TAS to EE4

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Fri Sep 17 11:43:17 PDT 2010

  Chris,

Unfortunately there is no way to import into EE4 at all.  While it runs
DOE-2.1e as the calculation engine, the building data is stored in a
.bld file (yes, that is correct, not a text .bdl as you might expect)
which is not accessible.  I gather this is because it is first an energy
code compliance tool.  So everything must be entered into the EE4 interface.

Note - depending on where you are, there is an EE4 training session
scheduled for Toronto in November through the OSPE.

Regards,

Brian

On 9/17/2010 12:32 PM, Chris wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if a TAS model can be imported into EE4?
> Are the file formats compatible?
>
> --
> Chris Flood BSc (Eng)
> Senior Building Analyst & Energy Modeller

Brian Fountain, Principal
GreenSim

voice - 519-489-0112
email - bfountain at greensim.com