[Bldg-sim] district cooling building cooling unit efficiency in 90.1

韩星 foolishstar at 163.com
Tue Apr 12 22:40:14 PDT 2011

All my dear,

To simulate the district cooling project, if I choose to use the option 2, according to the "treatment of district or campus thermal energy in LEED V2 and LEED 2009-Design&Construction", the baseline building shall follow the minimum efficiency requirement of 6.8.1. My question is, which kind of the chiller I shall choose to use.
The proposed building will buy cold water from an adjacent energy center, which comprises several centrifugal units and screw units. The energy center also use the cold thermal storage system to save the operation fee.
So in the baseline building, which system shall I choose? Shall I refer to the actual energy center when deciding the baseline building AC source? If not, the air cooled is the best choice for its relative low efficiency requirement. Shall the thermal storage be reflected in the baseline building?
If I would like to use the default efficiencies for the proposed building (cooling plant COP4.4), can I also add a thermal storage system in it?
Thanks!

Regards,
Han Xing