[Bldg-sim] Green Roof

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Sat Apr 23 06:30:52 PDT 2011

Wet soil has no insulation value in the winter.  Most studies on
green roof savings concentrate on cooling savings - this may be true
for large single storey buildings but for multi-storey buildings, I
haven't seen any evidence that a green roof will save significant
energy over a well insulated, light colored roof.