[Bldg-sim] Worse Performance with Chiller Curves?

Oleksandra Onisko oleksandra.onisko at ecovert.ca
Wed Aug 17 14:28:01 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to take credit for better part load performance of a chiller by
modifying the EIR_FLRP curve.  I am using the curve-fit feature in eQuest to
fit to the raw data and then inserting it into the DOE file ( I am using
EE4).  The chiller should have better performance than the default, but my
results seem to disagree as my cooling energy doubles.  Am I missing
something? My resulting co-efficient are :
a=1.16801012,b=-1.92066431,c=1.75265419.

The chiller data is as follows

[image: image.png]

Oleksandra Onisko, B.A.Sc., LEED AP
Project Manager & Energy Modeler