[Bldg-sim] DOAS and baseline OA

Mark Sorensen DEnergyServices at comcast.net
Wed Aug 17 09:41:33 PDT 2011

Anne,

While LEED/ASHRAE 90.1 requires the ventilation rates to be the same in
both the Baseline and Proposed systems, the calculated difference for
the two systems is much higher than expected. Suggest taking another
look at the calculations and confirming that the critical zone for the
VAV system has been properly determined and whether appropriate factors
for the zone air distribution effectiveness (Ez) and system ventilation
efficiency (Ev) have been applied.

Mark Sorensen
Diversified Energy Services
Fruitport, Michigan