[Bldg-sim] A question of TRNSYS

Chou Shen csz59 at mst.edu
Sun Dec 18 03:21:33 PST 2011

Hi everyone

I began to learn TRNSYS a couple of days ago and I came across some
questions right now. I wonder if somebody happens to know TRNSYS well.The
questions are:
1. When Editing type 56, in the Ventilation lable, the Heating and Cooling
option can be set up by defining airchange rate and temperature & RH of air
flow; while in both the Cooling lable and Heating lable, the cooling and
heating option can be set up by defining cooling / heating power (does that
mean I need to estimate the cooling / heating load before set this block
up?), and the setpoint temperature & RH. As a result, type 56 provides two
methods to define HVAC system. Do I need to set up both the labes to get it
work?.

2. In addition to adding the information of HVAC in type 56, do I need to
creat the HVAC system in to get the information of energy consumption of
HVAC system?

Thanks!

--
Chou Shen