[Bldg-sim] Simulation programs question

Chris Yates chris.malcolm.yates at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 10:17:45 PST 2011

Ragab,

In E+, you may be able to use the "NoMass" material for lightweight
fabric constructions. I've /not /got direct experience of using the
NoMass material but it seems the most common sense approach when thermal
mass is insignificant.

How well controlled is airflow? The less controlled (i.e. more natural
ventilation) the more computationally intense and error prone the solution.

Chris

On 04/02/2011 18:04, Shaun Martin wrote:
> I think most of them can to varying degrees, certainly DOE2 and
> EnergyPlus can.  Your challenge will be getting good infiltration inputs.
> Shaun
>
> /Shaun Martin LEED AP/
>
> /Principal/
>
> /Shaun Martin Consulting/