[Bldg-sim] App G Baseline WSHP w Boiler Injection

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon Feb 28 06:32:02 PST 2011

So far as system type goes, consider that your building is first either
Residential or Nonresidential, and your building type determines your
baseline system.

The only reason you'd have both building types (and thus 2  baseline
system types) is if you have non-predominant conditions per exceptions
to G3.1.1.

If you've got >20,000SF of egress/back-of-house spaces, you might pursue
a second baseline system type declaring non-predominant conditions, but
for simplicity I'd be inclined to lump it all under one baseline type as
part of a residential building, unless told otherwise.

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers

25501 west valley parkway