[Bldg-sim] ASHRAE Appendix G EER Calculation

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Feb 1 10:38:11 PST 2011

Hi Karen,

The glossary definitions I'm summing up below include specifically:

-          seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SSEER)

-          energy efficiency ratio (EER)

There are also definitions for the various sorts of COP and seasonal
COP.  Unless noted otherwise, assume any reference to these efficiency
metrics elsewhere in the standard follow these definitions.

My suggestion is merely a reminder that the definitions are always a
good place to start or review when in doubt - I personally return often
to verify things whenever I have to make interpretations or cite the
standard.

Best of luck!

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.