[Bldg-sim] running 32-bit program on 64-bit computer

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Wed Feb 9 16:18:21 PST 2011

Varkie,

I'm surprised that you're having trouble running 2.1E and the DOE-2
weather processor using Windows 7.  I switched to a PC running 64-bit
Windows 7, and haven't had any difficulties running any of the DOE-2
programs, although I have encountered difficulties with some old Unix
utilities and the Microsoft Developer Studio GUI for Fortran (although
the Fortran compiler itself runs fine).  From the program
names you list, you're probably running a different compilation of 2.1E
than mine, which was done using Compaq Visual Fortran (ex-Digital
Fortran, etc.).

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.