[Bldg-sim] Interpretation of erv exception - appendix G

R B slv3sat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 10:26:27 PST 2011

Hi all,
I am simulating a building in climate zone 2A. The baseline system, which
does both heating and cooling, has 70% or more OA at design condition and
supply cfm ismore than 5000 cfm. The exception says that

exhaust air energy recovery shall not be included in the
*

baseline building design.
*

(d) Heating systems in climate zones 1 through 3.

(e) Cooling systems in climate zones 3c, 4c, 5b, 5c, 6b,

7, and 8.

My question is - do I include a erv in baseline system just for cooling, or
no erv needs to be included?

Thanks

Rohini