[Bldg-sim] Krueger Comfort Tool

Patrick J. O'Leary, Jr. poleary1969 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 13:24:53 PST 2011

for leed 2.2 & below i've typically use it in conjunction w/my
narratives and other air device/design data.  by itself i find it useful
in showing a range for some design conditions but ... a) it's old and
hasn't been updated (as far as i know).  it is based on 55-1992.  i
point this out in my narratives as the graphs it generates are based on
met & clo & those haven't changed, b) it has an upper limit on graphs
verses met in my experience.  if you're using a low met you probably
won't see it but if your met is above 1.6 (i think) it defaults back
down to 1.6 so i'm not sure it is reflective of higher met levels - like
2 & 3 where you have exercise or heavy work areas.

for leed 3 i'm looking at using the software from the ashrae thermal
comfort tools cd in conjunction w/air device selection software that can
calculate adpi values (krueger's can do this) in addition to the
standard narratives & air device/design data.