[Bldg-sim] Real time Weather Data

Chuck Khuen chuck.khuen at wxaglobal.com
Tue Jan 4 15:03:18 PST 2011

Francisco,

Unfortunately it is far more complex than that.  While there is a great deal of overlap in the data from a METAR station and the data in an EPW file it is in a very different format and also it is highly unlikely that this SBKB station has all of the sensors necessary to produce that needed for EnergyPlus, particularly in the area of solar radiation...not to mention to have a statistically valid sample you should have 30 years of data

We will soon be charging for this data – a TMY (.EPW) file for a specific site – but since we can produce these for anywhere, I will run our system and send you this file under separate cover.

Chuck

Chuck Khuen
Principal
Weather Analytics Inc.