[Bldg-sim] Energy Modeling for Complex Facade

Simon C. cheng.chinfook at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 05:29:07 PDT 2011

Dear All,

Hope all are well.
Currently I have a ArchiCAD BIM model and need to perform energy modeling to
LEED compliant.
I wonder if anyone has worked on ArchiCAD BIM model before, mind to shed
some thoughts if the Ecodesigner module can perform LEED compliant modeling?
How about alternative softwares?

Since the facade has complex spiral 3D curvy shading system I doubt the
ability of EQuest or Energy Plus to model the geometry.
Appreciate some insightful thoughts from all the members out there.

Many thanks in advance.

Simon C.