[Bldg-sim] JWT Q2 - Energy Plus Calibration Experience

Talbert, Joshua jtalbert at hallam-ics.com
Thu Jul 21 08:07:04 PDT 2011

Good Morning Sim Board,

The project I am working on requires a level of calibration between my AS-BUILT simulations and metered data for the facility.  Would anyone please be able to comment on their previous calibration experiences?  Does E+ tend to simulate certain loads under or over for instance? Do systems/components tend to run true to their real life equivalents, or are similar deviations common?

Thank you,
Josh

Joshua W. Talbert P.E., LEED-AP
Mechanical Engineer
Hallam///ICS
38 Eastwood Dr. Suite 200
S. Burlington, VT 05403
P: (802) 658-4891
F: (802) 658-1457

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information contained in this transmission, as well as any accompanying documents, constitutes confidential and/or legally privileged information which is the property of Hallam-ICS. The information is intended solely for the individual entity named on this transmittal sheet. If you are not the designated recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on this information is strictly prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. Opinions, conclusions and the information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.