[Bldg-sim] Fwd: insulation film on windows in EnergyPlus

Marcus jones.0bj3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 02:06:12 PDT 2011

I don't think a WindowMaterial:Shade will properly account for the film, I
would instead look into creating your window in the software WINDOW from
LBL. This software can model detailed layer-by-layer windows with frames and
full spectral data, which can then be exported into EnergyPlus.

http://windows.lbl.gov/software/window/window.html

Good luck and I hope you let us know your solution!

P.S. EnergyPlus talks about the SHGC or g-Value of windows, not shading
coefficients. You can convert between them.

Marcus
--
Marcus Jones, LEED AP, M.Sc.
*Freelance energy consultant*