[Bldg-sim] Modelling of ceiling fan

Hisham Ahmad hisham at edsglobal.com
Wed Jul 27 23:43:47 PDT 2011

Hi,

We recently modeled the effect of ceiling fans by estimating the airflow
(based on rpm, diameter & manufacturer data etc) that the fan would create
and corelating it with the guidelines of ASHRAE 55 for increased airflow.
We used a higher cooling set point to compute the energy savings for fans
following the exact methodology as pointed out by Mr Moore in this thread. The
fan power was added to the model as an equipment load. However, this was
done in DOE2.

On 27 July 2011 13:04, Deepak Tewari <deepak.tewari at teri.res.in> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Is it possible to model the effect of ceiling fan on thermal comfort
> conditions in Energyplus for hot and dry Indian climates.

> Disclaimer:
> The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the person or
> entity
> to which it is addressed, and it may contain confidential and/or privileged
> material. Any review or other use of this mail or taking any action based
> on it
> by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly
> prohibited.
> If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please contact the sender, and
> delete all
> copies of this mail.This e-mail has been scanned and verified by McAfee
> SaaS
> Email Security, formerly MX Logic.

Regards
Hisham Ahmad