[Bldg-sim] EE4 crash - hydronic radiators in MURB - Help!

Montague, Lilah Lilah.Montague at perkinswill.com
Thu Jun 9 08:40:14 PDT 2011

Hello,

I could REALLY use some help troubleshooting my model.    Many thanks in advance!

I am trying to build an EE4 model of a MURB with hydronic (heating only) radiators off central boilers, with ventilation air ducted to each suite from outside, with no central make-up air unit.  The ventilation air is drawn in using scheduled operation of washroom exhaust fans.   I am modeling the system as 2-pipe fan coil, with zero fan power.

I have worked through the errors, and the simulation will start to run, then freezes and goes unresponsive.  I am able to generate the loads using the sizing function.  No DOE report is generated.  Actually when I try to open the (0 kb) DOE file, I get a D2SimViewer error "Out of memory."

I have been working through the modelling guide to try to determine what could be causing this, but I have not been able to fix the problem.

I am not an expert at EE4, so perhaps there is a model-building convention that I have disobeyed.

Any help would be appreciated!  I am getting a little desperate, and unfortunately need to model in EE4, as this is the only acceptable software for this project.

Kind Regards,
Lilah

Busby Perkins+Will is pleased to announce the launch of  PERKINS+WILL CANADA!
For more information please visit www.perkinswill.ca<http://www.perkinswill.ca/>

Lilah Montague, B.Eng. EIT LEED(r) AP
Sustainable Energy Advisor

1220 Homer St., Vancouver, BC V6B 2Y5
t: 604.484.2258    f: 604.684.5447    e: Lilah.Montague at perkinswill.com<mailto:Lilah.Montague at perkinswill.com>    http://www.perkinswill.ca<http://www.busbyperkinswill.ca/>
Perkins+Will Canada.  Ideas + buildings that honor the broader goals of society

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the addressee.
If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy, or alter this email.