[Bldg-sim] FW: Core Performance Guide Fenestration Performance

Keohane, Michael michael.keohane at pmgroup-global.com
Fri Jun 3 07:09:15 PDT 2011

The link below is reference material from the Advanced Buildings website
for the Core Performance Guide.

http://www.advancedbuildings.net/files/advancebuildings/ABCore_Training_
slides_0.pdf

It would appear from the presentation that buildings with glazed areas
in excess of 40% require energy modelling to ASHRAE 90.1 - 2004 and
achieve a 20% improvement, to comply with Core Performance Guide.

If you are being required to do energy modelling (with all the potential
freedom for design approach) anyway it would seem pointless to bother
achieving compliance with all the core performance criteria

Michael Keohane Building Services Engineer
PM Group

LoughMahon Technology Park, Blackrock, Cork, Ireland
DD +353 21 452 2837
T +353 21 435 8922 F +353 21 435 8933 W www.pmgroup-global.com-----Original Message-----