[Bldg-sim] Hybrid System - Definition?

Hall, Brendan BHall at karpinskieng.com
Thu Jun 9 11:46:56 PDT 2011

I've tried to find a specific definition before with not a whole lot of
luck. We've taken it as pretty much anything at is not purely sourced
from the electrical grid. The example that I always run into is primary
heating using a heat pump with a natural gas fired boiler as
backup/supplemental heat. So it would be an electric/fossil hybrid. If
anyone comes across an official definition I would be interested in
seeing it.

Brendan Hall, M.Sc.
Mechanical Engineer

karpinski