[Bldg-sim] Appendix G additional system types

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Jun 17 07:57:36 PDT 2011

Hi Bill,

Assuming you are treating your building as predominantly residential,
then include a second nonresidential system type if nonresidential
spaces total more than 20,000SF.

Assuming you are treating your building as predominantly nonresidential,
then include a second residential system type if residential spaces
total more than 20,000SF.

"Residential spaces" are exclusively "guest rooms, living quarters,
private living space, and sleeping quarters" per the notes under the
system type table.  Laundry rooms and similar don't count, if the
reviewer is taking a very literal interpretation.

This is one of those cases where you could possibly support either
course of action... if the numbers work out.

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.

SENIOR ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers