[Bldg-sim] equest zoning approaches

Rimes, Christie Christie.Rimes at wspfk.com
Wed Jun 22 11:02:39 PDT 2011

Ideally it would be option one as this would be easiest for both modeler and reviewer, however more and more it is becoming option two. Here are a few reasons why:
 - If the LEED model has been developed in DD the architectural layouts could change. It is therefore easier to provide more rooms in the model so that layout changes are easier to deal with without having to redo the model
 - Space by Space method lighting requires the modeling of storage rooms etc
 - The few building I have worked on for LEED have primarily perimeter spaces. Therefore it is harder to clump like rooms together due to orientation differences.
 - To accurately model the building area it is easier to model some unconditioned spaces so that these can be included or taken out of the area calcs.
 - To more accurately model VAV boxes zones need to be broken out

Christie Rimes, LEED BD+C
Designer
WSP ▪ FLACK + KURTZ
405 Howard Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94105
Direct: 415.402.2727 | Main: 415.398.3833
www.wspfk.com

Ensuring that today’s built environment preserves the natural environment in which we all live.

We are WSP. United by our difference.

WSP is one of the world’s fastest-growing design, engineering and management consultancies. Specializing in property, transport and environmental projects, we work with clients to create built and natural environments for the future.

CONFIDENTIAL
This e-mail is confidential to the named recipient. If you have received a copy in error, please destroy it. You may not use or disclose the contents of this e-mail to anyone, nor take copies of it. The only copies permitted are (1) by the named recipient and (2) for the purposes of completing successful electronic transmission to the named recipient and then only on the condition that these copies, with this notice attached, are kept confidential until destruction