[Bldg-sim] Boston USA Symposium on Occupancy & Plug Loads in Building Simulation

Holly Wasilowski Samuelson hwasilow at gsd.harvard.edu
Tue May 17 11:46:07 PDT 2011

*Symposium on Occupancy & Plug Loads in Building Simulation  *

*May 19, 2011 7:30-9:30pm*

*Room 111 Harvard Graduate School of Design, 48 Quincy Street, Cambridge, MA
*

You are invited to the Symposium on Occupancy & Plug Loads in Building
Simulation, organized by IBPSA (International Building Performance
Simulation Association) -USA Boston Chapter.  This event will focus on two
of the more challenging issues common to all energy models:  how to
accurately capture occupancy and plug load intensities and diversities.  The
evening will include presentations from both the research and practice
arenas as well as an open discussion on current best practices. Speakers
include: Holly Samuelson of Harvard Graduate School of Design, Bing Dong of
the United Technology Research Center, Rhys Goldstein of Autodesk, and Eric
Studer of TNZ Energy Consulting.  For more details, visit:
http://ibpsa-boston.com/  Refreshments will be provided.  For driving & MBTA
directions visit:  http://www.gsd.harvard.edu/admissions/visiting/  *PLEASE
RSVP by sending an email with the subject "RSVP May 2011" to **ibpsa.boston@
**gmail.com.*

*REMOTE ACCESS:*  Participates unable to make it to Cambridge are welcome
to join us via the internet.  Please note, in order to create a lively
discussion and because this technology brings with it limitations, we
request that local participants join us in person if possible.  For remote
access, please follow the instructions below, and we ask for your patience
as we implement this new strategy.

IBPSA-USA, Boston has invited you to attend the following webinar:
IBPSA-USA, Boston Chapter Speaker Session -- Plug Loads and Occupancy
Thursday, May 19, 2011
7:30 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern Time  Add to Calendar
Conference Call Number: Toll Number: (712) 338-7506 | Attendee PIN: 9264993
Click here to register and receive your login instructions
Personal message from IBPSA-USA, Boston .:
Dear Potential Attendees,
The IBPSA-USA Boston Chapter will be broadcasting the May 19th speaker
session on occupancy and plug loads in simulation using AnyMeeting. You may
register ahead of time, which would be helpful to us, but you may also sign
in without registering once the meeting starts.
The URL for the meeting broadcast will be:
http://www.anymeeting.com/ibpsaboston1
The registration URL is:
http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=E950DA83864A
You will be able to hear the presentations through your computer speakers,
and to text questions for the speakers (using AnyMeeting) to our webmaster,
who will be monitoring the remote attendees.
We will endeavor to have a good microphone at the session, but it is
possible that remote attendees will have difficulty hearing the general
discussion. This is our first time broadcasting with AnyMeeting, so please
be patient and text any issues to the webmaster.

We look forward to seeing you in-person or virtually.
Best,
Holly
IBPSA-USA Boston Chapter