[Bldg-sim] DOE Job Task Analysis for Energy Modelers: Open for public review until Nov 28th!

Kendra Tupper ktupper at rmi.org
Wed Nov 16 16:31:18 PST 2011

Hello all,

I am writing to encourage you participate in the public review of DOE's job
task analysis for energy modelers. Back in April, about 15 energy modeling
professionals (myself included) came up with this draft job description
(including required skills and knowledge) for energy modelers. This
document will provide the foundation for future education, training and
certification programs. It is likely that existing programs, such as the
BEMP certification, will need to show compliance with this.

For these reasons, I urge you to review and comment on this document! If
you think its sufficient and doesn't have gaps, that would also be helpful
to hear. The review period closes November 28, 2011.

** **

http://www.nrel.gov/ap/buildings_workforce_feedback/  - link for public
comment****

** **

http://www1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/commercial_initiative/pdfs/energy_modeler_jta_comment.pdf
  -
energy modeler draft JTA

Thank you!

Kendra Tupper, PE, BEMP, LEED AP BD+C
Senior Consultant
Built Environment Team

Rocky Mountain Institute  |  T  303-567-8641 |  F  303-245-7213  |
www.rmi.org