[Bldg-sim] energy modeler JTA

Demba Ndiaye Demba.Ndiaye at setty.com
Fri Nov 18 13:35:04 PST 2011

Years back, there were very few full-time modelers (found mainly in some top firms). Energy modeling was mostly a side task for some mechanical engineers and architects.

Nowadays, (and we can argue whether it is for the good or the bad), the importance of energy modeling has risen significantly, mainly due to LEED. Even small businesses are hiring energy modelers. That is why, I believe that, although imperfect (but what isn't?), this initiative from DOE should be encouraged.

[cid:image004.jpg at 01CCA610.0632C5A0]Demba Ndiaye, Ph.D., P.E., LEED AP BD+C, BEMP
Energy Analyst/Mechanical Engineer

Setty & Associates, Ltd.

MEP Design Engineering | Project Management
|Construction Management | Design-Build Services | Commissioning
|3040 Williams Drive, Suite 600 | Fairfax, VA 22031
|Voice 703.691.2115 | Fax 703.691.8084 | cell 571.830.9913
 demba.ndiaye at setty.com<mailto:demba.ndiaye at setty.com> | www.setty.com<http://www.setty.com/>

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are NOT the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying this e-mail is strictly prohibited.