[Bldg-sim] LEED EAC1 Exceptional calcs - heating consumption

Ashraf Khan ashraf at mecsd.com
Wed Oct 5 06:02:59 PDT 2011

I have performed Exceptional calculations in EAC1 credit for internal
hard-wired lighting. I achieved savings up to 40%.

In Preliminary review, I received below comment

"It is does not appear as if the reduction in heating consumption was
considered. Address the reduction in space heating and ensure the
consumption is appropriately reduced, and provide a revised template and
updated energy model output summaries reflecting the changes."

As light generates heating, so leed reviewer is requesting to provide the
heating consumption calculations and to achieve more savings as it directly
impact on cooling, even though calculations performed exceptionally.

Could you please guide how to perform these heating consumption calculations
and how to incorporate in energy model and Template with reference?

Thanks,

Ashraf Khan