[Bldg-sim] Comfort calculation (globe temperature)

varun kulkarni seldomvarun at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 06:18:02 PDT 2011

Hello all,

For EQc7.1 in LEED NC 2009, I need to provide detailed calculations for
"operative temperature".
ASHRAE 55 appendix C gives you the formula to calculate operative
temperature, but that requires mean radiant temperature. And the formula for
"mean radiant temperature" requires globe temperature.
I am trying to find a graph/chart/table from which I can obtain the "globe
temperature" or do I even need to find globe temperature ?
Any insights, suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Thanks and Best Regards,
Sincerely,

Varun Kulkarni
Note: Please do not print, unless required.