[Bldg-sim] Sustainability position - UC Berkeley / LBNL

Gail Brager gbrager at berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 18 21:57:33 PDT 2011

Dear friends & colleagues -

The deadline is 4 weeks away - November 15 - so I'm sending a friendly reminder to make sure this remains fresh in people's minds!

We have a great opportunity to hire a new faculty member in Sustainability, Energy & Environment (SEE), as a joint position between the Dept of Architecture at UC Berkeley, and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.  This is an open search, and depending on the person's qualifications the appointment can be at the rank of Assistant (tenure-track), Associate (tenured) or Full Professor (tenured).  A PhD (or equivalent, in terms of research records) is required for all ranks.  We're looking for people who have strong research skills balanced with architectural sensibilities and broad thinking, and who value being part of a close collaborative environment.

For a detailed job description, please see:
http://www.ced.berkeley.edu/college/jobs/academic#6

1) IF YOU THINK THIS IS A MATCH FOR YOU, please consider applying, and please contact me right away if you have any questions at all.
2) If you know of any qualified candidates who might wish to apply for the position, we ask that you please:  a) forward their name and contact info’ to me, and/or b) forward the URL above to them, and encourage them to apply or contact me.
3) If you know of any colleagues or listserves that would could be good resources, please feel free to forward this to them as well.

Your help is greatly appreciated.  If you have any questions, feel free to contact me as head of the search committee.   My contact information is listed below.
Gail

Gail Brager
Professor, Dept of Architecture,
Chair, Search Committee
Sustainability, Energy & Environment (SEE)
UC Berkeley
archfaculty_search at berkeley.edu