[Bldg-sim] Curtain wall retrofit options

De Rose, David DDeRose at halsall.com
Fri Oct 7 06:44:23 PDT 2011

How about adding a removable lite of glass from the interior at vision
areas? Removable to allow cleaning in between lites should there be any
incidental scumming over time. Inner lite can be kept in place with a 2
piece stop and perimeter gaskets. The new inner glass lite can be coated
with a solar control pyrolytic low-e coating (Pilkington has one). Work
can be done at night to limit tenant disruption.

David De Rose, M.A.Sc., P.Eng., BSSO

Halsall Associates
Tel: 416.644.0341 * Toll Free: 1.888.425.7255 * www.halsall.com
<http://www.halsall.com/>
Vancouver * Calgary * Sudbury  * Burlington * Toronto * Ottawa * Dubai
Best Workplaces in Canada, Five Consecutive Years: 2007 - 2011
A Parsons Brinckerhoff Company