[Bldg-sim] LEED Treatment of District Systems Pump Energy

Christian Kaltreider ckaltreider at sudassociates.com
Wed Oct 12 05:47:15 PDT 2011

Thanks for this information, Bob.  You are correct that I'm referring to the
earlier guideline (Required Treatment of District Thermal Energy in LEED
Version 2.2 and LEED for Schools, Version 1.0, 2008).

I should have been clearer in my post:  This is a LEED 2.2 project, and the
model was originally created using the Version 1 guidance referenced above.
This project was started before the newer 2010 document (Version 2).  The
model was submitted using the Step 1, Step 2 method of Version 1.  I am now
trying to address the reviewer's comments.  I did not create the original
model, but I have inherited it since the original modeler is not here any
longer.  For addressing the comments, I think I should maintain the Version
1 format in which we submitted.

I'll do what seems to be most fair and accurate based on what I read in both
documents and the main intent of apples-to-apples comparisons.  I was just
hoping someone else out there had come across this situation.

Thanks again,

Christian