[Bldg-sim] Stirling engine efficiencies

Ralph Muehleisen muehleisen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 22:15:29 PDT 2011

The theoretical Stirling engine is reversible, so it's efficiency is the
same as a Carnot engine over the same temperature range.

If you want the efficiency of a real Stirling engine, then you would need to
know more details about the construction.

Two researchers who have looked at these engines in more detail are A. Organ
and T. Finkelstein.

Ralph

Ralph Muehleisen, Ph.D., P.E., LEED AP, FASA, INCE Bd. Cert.
Principal Building Scientist, Argonne National Lab
Adjunct Associate Professor, Illinois Institute of Technology
muehleisen at gmail.com
cel:708-655-9954  fax:815-301-6757