[Bldg-sim] DOE2 Manuals

Joe Huang YJHuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Thu Sep 1 12:24:41 PDT 2011

Varkie,

I can't speak about the DOE-2.2  documentation, but as for the DOE-2.1E
documentation, I know of two efforts to make them more searchable, which
I assume is why you're interested in having them in MS-Word format:
1)  Back in 2000, there was an attempt by LBNL, I believe, to convert
the text portion of the 2.1E documentation to MS-Word.  I  probably
still have a copy of that somewhere in my files, but it would take some
searching.
2) In the early 2000's, a colleague in China - ZHOU Hui - used Acrobat
to make the 2.1E  PDF files searchable.
If anyone is interested in either of these, just send me an e-mail.

As for your last question, i.e.,  whether USDOE and LBNL still own the
DOE2.2 Program besides JJH,  that's very unclear but I would have to say
'no', since DOE decided to abandon/relinquish DOE-2.2 more than 10 years
ago.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.