[Bldg-sim] Basic Questions

Andy Tindale Andy.Tindale at designbuilder.co.uk
Sun Sep 11 12:10:20 PDT 2011

Hi Kurt,

I can answer your question 2 on the CoP of 0.8 entered in DesignBuilder. When using "Simple" HVAC in DesignBuilder terminology, the EnergyPlus "Ideal loads" air system is used in the IDF data. The Heating CoP of 0.8 you entered in DesignBuilder is used to multiply up the loads calculated by EnergyPlus to meet the heating setpoint temperature. So the value of 0.8 doesn't appear in the IDF data but is used internally by DesignBuilder.

The "Ideal loads" heating system heating loads are reported as "District heating" end use in the EnergyPlus output reports.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Tindale
DesignBuilder Software ltd