[Bldg-sim] A Problem regarding to Energy Plus to evelute the effect of PMV & PPD by verying the Air Velocity along with the effect of air velocity on energy consumption of same zone.

Deepak Tewari deepak.tewari at teri.res.in
Wed Sep 28 21:44:55 PDT 2011

Hi Jawan,

I think increasing the air velocity will surely show the effect on PMV/PDD,
but in energy-plus the air velocity is not not associated with the power of
equipment (it is only defined as a schedule with a particular value in m/s)
therefore it will not show any effect on the energy consumption.

Regards

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |JAWAN RAWAT <jawanrawat at gmail.com>                                                                                                                |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org                                                                                                                    |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |09/29/2011 09:46 AM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |[Bldg-sim] A Problem regarding to Energy Plus to evelute the effect of PMV & PPD by verying the Air Velocity along with the effect of air velocity|
  |on energy consumption of same zone.                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Sent by:   |
  |bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org                                                                                                            |

Dear all,
           I am doing an exercise on energy plus to simulate the effect of
Thermal comfort (PMV/PPD) and Energy consumption by varying the Air
velocity from .2 m/s to 2 m/s.

  I have done some exercises  to change the Air velocity from .2 m/s to 2
m/s and found that  the effect on  PMV/PPD. But the energy consuption
remains same at differene air velocity.
can anyone here help me find out the problems,