[Bldg-sim] Industrial Process Chiller Modeling in eQuest

Spencer Lipp spencer.lipp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 18:08:54 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have some engineers that like to perform industrial process chiller
calculations using eQuest. I haven't reviewed the models in a lot of detail
but I believe they use the detailed design mode to input the process loads.
We are calculating energy savings for utility incentive programs. I've
always only used eQuest for building modeling and feel that this is
manipulating the inputs to stretch the intent of the program. I'm concerned
about some inherent components within eQuest that may be causing some
inaccuracies in the outputs.

I'm curious what some folks on this forum may think about this approach.

Thanks,

Spencer