[Bldg-sim] Regarding VRV designing in Energy Plus.....

Bereket Nigusse nigusse_ba at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 07:08:16 PDT 2012

Sheelam,

You may use the variable refrigerant flow (VRF, VRV) example file that comes with the EnergyPlus
 install. This example demonstrates the use of five terminal units
(Indoor Coils) connected to a single outdoor unit; each zone served with
 one terminal unit. Currently, EnergyPlus has a heat pump VRF system,
i.e., it runs in either cooling-only or  heating-only mode. For further
information refer to the EnergyPlus documentations.

VariableRefrigerantFlow_5Zone.idf

The VRF HVAC model is available in V7.0 and 7.1 EnergyPlus versions only.

Bereket Nigusse
Florida Solar Energy Center