[Bldg-sim] Looking for published utility data

Samuel Brunswick samuel.brunswick at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 13:52:42 PST 2012

Hi Vikram,

CEUS (California Commercial End Use Survey: ) is a credible, citable report
that has simulated electricity demand curves for different building types
(small/large office, college, retail, etc. It doesn't cover residential).
Since CEUS was developed for utility demand forecasting the curves
represent aggregate demand for an entire utility zone and statewide, but
you might be able to tease out values for a typical building by using EUI
and other information from the report. There is a TON of information in
this report, but it is all California-centric so I'm not sure how
applicable it will be to your case. Here's a link to the report, the demand
curves start on page 169: http://www.energy.ca.gov/ceus/.

Good luck,

Sam