[Bldg-sim] jEPlus 1.2 (for EnergyPlus parametrics) and video demos

Yi Zhang YiZhang at dmu.ac.uk
Fri Jan 13 03:38:02 PST 2012

Dear fellow modellers,

We have made a screen cast showing the recently released jEPlus 1.2 in action. Here is the link: http://youtu.be/jBA7Q7npNK4

There is also a demonstration of running jEPlus/EnergyPlus on Amazon EC2, an experiment as a result of heated debate on cloud computing between a few E+ users before Christmas. The comment I want to make is, yes it is feasible (and easy) to run E+ on EC2; but if you want performance, you will have to pay. Here is the demo: http://youtu.be/3m6gJUhZe9A. I will post performance results once we have finished comparing different platforms.

Also, the version of jEPlus used in this demo will be packaged and made available, soon.

Best regards,

Yi

Dr Yi Zhang
IESD, De Montfort University, United Kingdom