[Bldg-sim] HELP WANTED: Opening with Energy Center of Wisconsin, Chicago Office

Adam McMillen AMcMillen at ecw.org
Mon Jan 30 07:38:15 PST 2012

JOB ANNOUNCEMENT

Energy Engineer

The Energy Center of Wisconsin is seeking an energy engineer for our Chicago office with a desire to apply both reason and creativity towards the creation of a sustainable energy society. We are a private non-profit organization that is mission-driven, independent, and objective. We seek practical solution paths among a world of competing interests.

Primary Responsibilities:

*         Evaluate energy efficiency and renewable energy strategies in buildings,  campus, and community settings

*         Quantify energy system performance, life cycle cost economics, and emissions reduction potential

*         Identify, quantify, and optimize energy savings opportunities during early building design stages of new buildings and for existing facilities

*         Develop and manage internal and external research, consulting and outreach projects

*         Develop and grow business opportunities, working with senior management to establish annual business development targets

Minimum Requirements:

*         Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, or related field.

*         3-5+ years energy systems experience with a design firm, commercial or institutional facility

*         Fundamental knowledge of building energy systems, energy analysis, and thermal science

*         Experience with energy modeling software such as eQUEST, TRNSYS, TRACE, EnergyPlus or other similar software

*         Knowledge of relevant building energy codes, green building rating systems, and ASHRAE standards

*         Ability to perform in a flexible work environment

*         Excellent communications skills

Desirable Experience:

*         Ability to model novel or complex energy systems and develop specialized energy analysis software.

*         Experience leading client interaction and public presentations

*         Active involvement in external networking groups/committees relevant to efficient building design

*         Advanced degree, professional engineering registration, LEED Accreditation, or Energy Manager Certification

*         Energy efficiency program design and implementation for commercial and industrial programs

*         Experience with building energy monitoring or campus energy management

*         Management of $100k+ multi-year budgets including subcontracts

For all current openings, we offer a competitive salary, progressive work environment and excellent benefits. Interested candidates should send or email a resume, cover letter and any salary expectations (no phone calls please) to:
Human Resources Director
Energy Center of Wisconsin
455 Science Drive, Suite 200
Madison, WI 53711
cberg at ecw.org
Join the Energy Center of Wisconsin and be part of:

 *   An independent non-profit seeking solutions to energy challenges
 *   A passionate, dedicated and talented staff
 *   National, regional and local initiatives to reduce our carbon footprint
 *   Award-winning programs that make a difference
For more information about the Energy Center of Wisconsin, please see:
www.ecw.org<http://www.ecw.org/>

Adam McMillen  PE, LEED AP BD+C

Energy Center of Wisconsin
300 W. Adams St, Suite 601