[Bldg-sim] [Equest-users] Lesson Learned: Single Zone Packaged DX vs. Packaged VAV system types

David Wood wba.dsw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 06:53:38 PST 2012

Kristy,
Is the cool control in the PVAVS system set to constant (the default)?  If
the answer is yes, you are always cooling 100% of the supply air to the
MIN-S-T unless cooling is scheduled off.  Of course this will require
substantially more cooling and reheat then a PSZ system that cools to the
temp required  by the control zone. I am not sure if you are comparing
apples to apples.
DW

David S. Wood
Principal, WB&A