[Bldg-sim] Building envelope

Jim Dirkes jim at buildingperformanceteam.com
Thu Jan 19 08:15:09 PST 2012

Dear Robert,

That's basically what is done by ASHRAE Standard 140, I think.  Modeling an
"easy" building is not the problem, though.  Modeling a "messy" building is
the challenge and I am not sure, but doubt that a good comparison could be
made since most of the energy analysis software does not allow close
scrutiny of detailed results.

The Building Performance Team
James V. Dirkes II, P.E., BEMP , LEED AP
1631 Acacia Drive NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
616 450 8653