[Bldg-sim] DES system selection in Baseline

Madhav Munshi Madhav.Munshi at atelierten.com
Mon Jul 30 08:17:09 PDT 2012

Happy Monday all,

I have a question regarding the LEED DES guidelines. I am modeling a high rise residential tower in the Middle East. The Proposed model has electric heating, therefore a System type 2 was selected for the Baseline residential zones. The project initially had an onsite chilled water plant, but is now going to be connected to an offsite CEP.

Page 11 of DES guidelines says that the Baseline System type 2 shall be converted to a 4 pipe FCU with HW boiler heat - which is a fuel switch for heating! Is that correct? and if it is, do we have to switch fuel in the Proposed Case as well?

Any comments will be welcome.

Thank you

Madhav

Madhav Munshi, LEED AP BD+C
Environmental Designer

Atelier Ten
Environmental Design Consultants + Lighting Designers

45 East 20th Street, 4th Floor
New York NY 10003
T +1 (212) 254 4500 x212
F +1 (212) 254 1259