[Bldg-sim] eQuest - common surface between shells and zooming in 3D

Patrick J. O'Leary, Jr. poleary1969 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 05:45:52 PDT 2012

yeah, unfortunately the wizard can do that for two adjacent shells of
differing heights.

a manual work around in detail mode is to

1. copy the wall in question, add 'ext' to the end of the name to
differentiate it,
2.  change the elevation of the exterior wall & its height (if it is not
defined as a polygon).
3.  change the height of what is to be the internal wall.
4.  change the definition of the internal wall to internal.  this is
typically not as easy as simply changing the wall type definition &
turning off the self-shading property.  sometimes it is easier to copy
an internal wall definition to your offending space & change its
characteristics to what you need.  the internal wall definition will
prompt for the vertex of the space the wall starts at so you'll need to
find that out too.  of course just changing it & watching it move around
w/the 3d view set to wirescreen & the wall selected can narrow that down
as well.