[Bldg-sim] Cold Storage

RobertWichert robert at wichert.org
Fri Mar 30 10:58:38 PDT 2012

This question has been asked before, but I can't actually find an answer
anywhere.

The question is basically what simulation tool can be used to model cold
storage?

A supermarket is a good example of cold storage.  I have read that
EnergyPlus has numerous features to model supermarkets, including cold
racks and lots more.  But I have also read that EnergyPlus is
text-input-only and a graphical user interface is advisable.

I have never used EnergyPlus.  I have used EnergyPro and E-Quest.

Do any of you EnergyPlus gurus out there recommend EnergyPlus for
supermarkets and further do you recommend a graphical interface?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

--
Robert Wichert P.Eng. LEED AP BD&C
+1 916 966 9060