[Bldg-sim] bin weather file

Chuck Khuen chuck.khuen at wxaglobal.com
Wed Mar 7 16:17:24 PST 2012

Patrick,

Yes, weather analytics has files for the entire globe (about 150,000 land based locations and another 500,000 over the oceans).  They are built by integrating all of the stored ground station observations with a newly released high resolution historical data set from NOAA.  Since they are built on demand you can chose TMY2 or TMY3 or any single actual year or running 12 month period.

Lots of work but pretty cool, as we are hoping it to enable higher precision and energy responsive designs.

Happy to answer any questions.

Chuck

Chuck Khuen
Principal