[Bldg-sim] Monterrey, Mexico Weather Data

Jeremy Poling Jeremy.Poling at transwestern.net
Tue Mar 13 08:43:07 PDT 2012

Bill,

Any specific format?  I have a couple of sources, depending on what is being done:

-        The only modeling I have done for that location is in Trace and there is a built-in, 8760 weather file for Monterrey.

-        You can download a monthly/annual climate summary page (1971-2000 was the version I have) from the "Servicio Meteorologico Nacional" (http://smn.cna.gob.mx/) that could be used for ASHRAE Handbook methods or other weather summary purposes, but would need extrapolation for simulation purposes.

-        There are DOE2 bin files available at http://doe2.com/Download/Weather/NON-US/mexico.zip that include 3 for Monterrey, but I have not used them, only aware of their presence

There will probably be a few other sources that people have that I don't have.

Jeremy R. Poling, PE, LEED AP+BDC