[Bldg-sim] BESS SB 13 Conference

Pablo La Roche pmlaroche at csupomona.edu
Sun Nov 25 17:35:54 PST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for Cross posting.....I wanted to remind you of the BESS SB13 conference “Advancing Towards Net Zero” that we are organizing in Southern California on the 24th and 25th of June, 2013.  SB13 is part of a major international series of conferences that focuses on sustainable buildings and there will be 16 conferences in 2013, culminating in an international event in 2014 in Barcelona, Spain.

We are looking for papers in six major topics:  innovative design, improving existing building stock, validation, affordability, user control, and education (more information on the topics in our website).  Papers will be rigorously reviewed by an international panel of leading experts and the top papers will be fast-tracked for inclusion at SB14 in Barcelona. All approved papers will also be included in the ICONDA®CIBlibrary as (free for all) downloadable pdf documents (full proceedings and searchable by papers) and we are also looking into a special edition of an international journal.

Authors from any country are welcome. We have tried to make the conference very affordable and the registration will include lunches and the keynote dinner. In the interest of promoting a wider and more diverse exchange of ideas we are also providing very reduced registration to students and attendees from developing countries. Detailed registration information is available on our website.  We will be posting hotel information soon but there is a very affordable hotel on site at Cal Poly Pomona and many other hotels close by.

The deadline to submit the papers using our template and through the open conference site is January 21, 2013.

More information on BESS-SB13 conference at:
http://www.bess-sb.org/

More information on the SB series of conferences at:
http://sbconferences.org/

To use the ICONDA®CIBlibrary:
http://www.irb.fraunhofer.de/CIBlibrary/search-advanced.jsp

Thank you for considering attending this conference,

Pablo La Roche

Pablo La Roche Ph.D. LEED AP BD+C
Professor
Department of Architecture