[Bldg-sim] TYM2 weather data

Karol Bandurski karol.bandurski at put.poznan.pl
Thu Oct 18 03:22:16 PDT 2012

Dear All,

1)

I have already converted TYM2 data for Poznan (PL-Poznan-Lawica-123300) from
text file to excel using:
http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/weather/tmy2data.htm.

Some of meteorological data, which are there, have additional columns named
Flag of Data Source. Dry bulb temperature is one of these data. In my file
is written that data source for dry bub temperature is E, and in TYM2 manual
(http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/pubs/tmy2/PDFs/tmy2man.pdf) I have read that it
means:

Modeled or estimated, except: precipitable water, calculated from

radiosonde data; dew point temperature calculated from dry bulb

temperature and relative humidity; and relative humidity

calculated from dry bulb temperature and dew point temperature

Could you explain me what it is mean? I expected that temperature is
measured.

2)

The second issue is that I would like to create my own TYM2 file to run
TRNSYS simulation with my own meteorological data. How should I model e.g.
illuminance. of maybe I don't need this value if I use in simulation only:

.         Dry bulb temperature,

.         Effective sky temperature,

.         Humidity,

.         Wind velocity and direction,

.         Atmospheric pressure,

.         Solar zenith and azimuth angle,

.         Total surface radiation,

.         Beam surface radiation,

.         Angle of incidence for surface,

.         Ground reflectance.

Which data (columns) do I need in TYM2 file to get above values?

I will be grateful for any tips!!!

Regards

Karol Bandurski MSc.

 <http://www.ee.put.poznan.pl/> Institute of Environmental Engineering