[Bldg-sim] October Conference Call for SPC 209P Committee

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Mon Oct 8 15:17:46 PDT 2012

Here is the agenda for the meeting Thursday.

1. Introductions - Glazer

2. Announcements - Glazer

3. Masterplanning/Predesign - Marcus Sheffer

4. Conceptual design/Schematic design - Dan Katzenberger

5. Design development/Construction documents - Chris Baker

6. Construction/Commissioning/As-built/Operations - David Reddy

7. Resources/References/Definitions - Lee DeBaillie

Some resources have been gathered so far:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqsZa_M20-ZbdGh5dWJqNnZGRHczMUpfV2J4dEd3Z3c

8. Big Picture Questions (motions from members welcome)

   a) Are we writing a document for the modeler or for the
entire design team?

   b) Do we require specific energy efficiency measures to
be evaluated? And if so, is previously modeling a similar
building with that same energy efficiency measure sufficient?

   c) Does the building owner get the modeling input files
or just the results of modeling?

   d) Are we writing a standard intended for use as a
regulatory document?

   e) What, if anything, will be required versus recommended
in the Standard?  Mandatory vs prescriptive?

   f) LEED v4 will require design phase modeling. Should we
be writing this Standard in a way that allows USGBC to adopt
it into LEED (in whole or in part)?

   g) Is the Standard limited to energy modeling or is it
more broadly about designing energy efficient buildings?

   h) Are we going to address how to do the actual modeling
work as opposed to what to do when within the design process?

9. Next Full SPC 209P Call November 8, 2pm-4pm Central

If you plan on attending, please register for the webinar as
described below.

Jason

--
Jason Glazer, P.E., GARD Analytics, 90.1 ECB chair