[Bldg-sim] Mixed-Use project with multiple meters - Match Proposed or Reality?

Maria Karpman maria.karpman at karpmanconsulting.net
Thu Sep 6 06:50:05 PDT 2012

Robby,

Note to G2.4 states that using the actual rates ".allows users to gain
credit for features that yield load management benefits. Where such features
are not present, users can simply use state average unit prices from EIA".
Assigning in-unit cooling to residential meter in the baseline versus
non-residential meter in the proposed design may produce cost savings, but
these savings are not due to load management benefits (i.e. reducing peak
demand or shifting it away from peak periods) and thus should not be
contributing to the performance rating. So it looks pretty clear to me that
you should be using non-residential meter for space cooling in the baseline.

Maria